FileMax Data Back-Up Systems
Research shows that tape backups fail to recover vital data up to 50 percent of the time. Furthermore, most companies do not have adequate backup protection for their critical systems. Data is everything now. Threats to data are on the rise.
Data is not only the foundation of business in all industries but is a vital, irreplaceable strategic asset. Your data is threatened today more than ever, and from more than just the threat of natural disasters. Threats now include both foreign and domestic terrorism and internal error or sabotage. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, 93 percent of companies who experience a significant data loss will be out of business within five years.
The types of data that is important to be backing up may include:
- Documents: word files, spreadsheets, presentations, and other documents being created and shared on a daily basis to support and run your business.
- Application and OS data: Any of the entries made in the many applications that you use throughout the day should be protected and have a copy. These entries include e-mails, calendar entries, browsing history, contacts, social media and, often overlooked, application and operating system settings.
- Media: Photographs, videos, sounds and other media need backing up. Media files are typically much larger in size and may require a different strategy. This is an important aspect to think about in the context of the appropriate backup and recovery systems.
Each night FileMax Backup looks for new or changed files on your servers and computers and updates your off-site storage and sends you an e-mail telling you that your backup was successful! That means, NO MORE TAPES! These files can easily be restored securely via the web anytime a data loss or disaster strikes. At Peak I.T., we provide you with technical support at no additional charge.
How does the FileMax Data Back-Up System work?
With FileMax Backup, your files are protected using 448-bit Blowfish Encryption before they even leave your PC. Encryption is the most effective way to achieve data security. To read an encrypted file, you must have access to a secret key or password that enables you to decrypt it. After the files are encrypted and leave your computer, your files are then safely stored in their encrypted-state at our secure data center.
Backing up important files using an auxiliary storage device has become an everyday data protection practice, but this is not by itself a sure-fire solution. After all, auxiliary storage has the same risk of being damaged or stolen if being stored in the same place as the data’s source. In order to add an extra layer of protection to valuable information, make the choice to store backup files at an offsite venue to improve the odds against data loss.
Isn’t it time you get a demonstration of FileMax Backup and simplify your life?
- Daily Scheduled Backups: Daily backups of all your crucial data without having to remember to run them.
- Securely Stored Off-Site: Never take home backups since the data is automatically copied securely to us.
- Zero Loss of Data Integrity: No corruption of data due to integrity loss from aging backups.
- Faster Restoration: Faster restoration of data in case of a catastrophic loss.
- Managed Backups: If your backup does not run, we are alerted and remotely correct the situation for you.
- Free Technical Support: Remote and on-site technical support is included at no additional charge.